Friday, May 13

Sneaky Lunch at 2mad Eatery

It was a tough time between college and work. Undoubtedly my two tiring weeks. I got my first part-time job and I wasn't really signed up for a part-time job but the company asked me to join immediately instead of begin at June, so I said yes --- before I knew that having a job that located far away from my college (including Jakarta's very own traffic jam stories) is hella tiring and after two weeks off from hanging out with my pretty mum and boyfriend, I got sick. Then I asked my mom if we wanted to do ourselves a favor, to spend a quality time as well as trying out a new restaurant (as usual), so I picked 2mad Eatery in Kemang.

Let's get to the point. The place looks so bright (I notice the building every time I pass Jl. Bangka) with bold colors such as shocking pink and yellow. Decorated with artsy ornaments, this eatery located at the first floor while the second floor is a home decor, interior and fashion accessories shop. It was a very sunny day and we took the seat beside the window to catch that warm sunny light. I ordered Whole Wheat Pasta with Chicken, Spinach and Mushroom, Strawberry Juice and Chocolate Waffles. Basically it's Aglio Olio pasta with additional toppings, but it tasted delicious! Perfectly seasoned, not too oily and spicy, sure there were chopped chillies because it's Aglio Olio after all. Too bad the Strawberry Juice was quite tasteless, maybe lack of strawberries and sugar but too much water? I don't know. The Chocolate Waffles was huge. A plate of this dessert consist of two huge waffles with generous amount of chocolate sauce and shaved chocolate, complete with two scoops of Vanilla Ice Cream (or any choice of ice cream). A perfect dessert for two or three.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Too bad this place is underrated, this place is actually attracting enough -- by means of their good dishes and beautifully decorated place, this eatery should have more visitors!

Promenade Commercial and Office Park, Unit B
Jl. Bangka Raya no. 20
Kemang, Jakarta
(021) 78833468
(021) 71794306

1 comment:

Simonclrak said...

Wow, what a fantastic post. The best post around. Thumbs up
Hotels in Seminyak Bali